During the 6- 8 weeks’ training and practice, our students will reflect, brainstorm, draft, and write about themselves. In the TJ Essay Test, students will be required to write about their interest, passion, activities, enthusiasm about STEM. Students will also be required to write about why they would want to go to TJ, and what they could contribute to the TJ community, etc. etc. Thanks to the benefit of the small class size, our teachers will be able to conduct 1:1 essay review with each student, who will get prepared for the TJ Essay Writing (semifinalists’ 2nd round of the TJ test). In the process, our students grow to be an advanced and confident writer, the skill that will bring them further into high school, colleges, and into their future.
In our Summer TJ, AOS Program, we also have public speaking:
This course will cover Public Speaking & Debate:
- Develop speaking confidence and ability without stage fright
- Prepare a speech by organizing, structuring and adapting material to an audience
- Convey a speech with clarity, accuracy, and conviction; prepare and make inspirational, persuasive speeches
- Develop appropriate body language: hand gestures, eye contact, and posture
- Develop confidence and enthusiasm that students will carry with them for active participation in class or club activities
- Increase self-confidence in all aspects: speaking, communicating, writing, etc.
- Develop effective communication skills and leadership abilities, build up interest and confidence in pursuing leadership roles in school, in community, and future in college and society
Testimony: “The summer TJ prep is one of the most organized, structured TJ prep we have had. The materials the teachers are using are also very advanced and challenging. We will definitely sign up for the fall prep class. Thank you!” – from a summer TJ prep parent